Tourism Event Fund
Consideration will be given to events that can demonstrate positive economic impacts in the local community by way of daytime visitor spending and overnight stays. Some of these events could include but are not limited to the following:
- Meetings & Conferences including but not limited to professional, board and association meetings, annual general meetings, corporate retreats, staff and team building experiences;
- Special interest group events related to (but not limited to) arts and culture, sports, academic and outdoor leisure activities.
- Annual events will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Only events that can effectively demonstrate the programming enhancement year over year will be considered;
- Any groups/organizations who have received event assistance in the past are not excluded from applying for additional events;
- Funding assistance will be in the form of a non-repayable marketing contribution;
- Daytime visitors are considered as guests who have travelled less than 40km;
- Overnight visitors are considered guests who have travelled more than 100km;
- Any events that are not eligible for the Tourism Event Fund should consider other possible event funding opportunities:
- Event Hosting Program – https://www.northbay.ca/our-community/festivals-events/event-hosting-program/
- Community Events Stream – https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/cultural-supports-program
Community organizations, special interest groups and/or businesses may submit an application to support events in the community. Should the application by approved, financial contributions can be used to:
- Assist with development and/or printing of marketing materials;
- Assist with event expenses incurred by engaging and/or hiring local businesses;
- Assist in the purchases or rentals of local goods, supplies and equipment;
- Offset other related expenses incurred during the planning and implementation of the event.
Applications must be received a minimum of three (3) months prior to the date of the event. Once the application has been received from the group/association, it will be reviewed by Tourism North Bay staff to ensure it is complete. The application will then be presented to the Tourism Event Fund Review Committee for a final decision.
The contribution is subject to the availability of budget funds, promotional items and/or volunteers. Not all projects meeting the program criteria outlined above will receive assistance.
The application will be evaluated using a scorecard which will determine the impact of the event on the community.
If approved, the applicant will receive a confirmation letter outlining next steps to obtain payment. This letter will also clearly outline the following conditions of approval:
- Acknowledge Tourism North Bay as a marketing partner by displaying the logo on all marketing materials and website;
- Provide an invoice to Tourism North Bay for the approved amount (do not include HST) no later than the date of the actual event;
- Provide Tourism North Bay with a brief post-event report outlining the following no later than 60 days after the event:
- Number of attendees (participants and guests if applicable)
- Number of daytime and overnight visitors
- Media coverage (if any)
- Explanation of how the event hosting funds were used
- Recap of the event overall and feedback received (if any)
- Will the group plan to host this event again in the future?