Tourism North Bay is the local destination marketing organization, promoting North Bay and area’s tourism assets and serving as a resource for the industry. We are a not for profit organization reporting to a board of directors made up of accommodation providers and representatives from attractions, arts, culture and sport.
Tourism North Bay operates by focusing on 4 Main Pillars. They are as follows:
Promote the region as a must-see destination for tourists, sports tournaments, meetings, groups and business travelers.
Act as trustees of public funds to ensure good governance, fiscal responsibility, strategic planning and coordination of all activities.
Work with local operators to enhance product experience and promotions.
EVENT PARTNERSHIP & BIDS
Support special interest groups in bid preparation for new hosting opportunities, event partnerships and increased tourism infrastructure.
Municipal Accommodation Tax (MAT)
On Thursday November 23, 2017, the Province of Ontario issued the Transient Accommodation Regulation 435/17, which came into force December 1, 2017 and provides the necessary provisions for municipalities across Ontario to implement a Municipal Accommodation Tax (MAT).
North Bay City Council approved the implementation of a mandatory 4% Municipal Accommodation Tax (MAT) effective February 1, 2019. In accordance with By-Law 2018-84, MAT will apply to the purchase of accommodations provided for a continuous period of less than 30 days.
Funds generated through the MAT are shared. 40% of the net revenue from the MAT will go to the municipality to be applied to various infrastructure investments which support tourism assets. The other 60% of the net revenue will go to Tourism North Bay. As an eligible tourism entity, Tourism North Bay invests in destination marketing and product development aimed at attracting people to the city and enhancing the visitor experience.
For more details, click here.